PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEP class rating
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 17:36
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No answer to my respone? Only able to manage a sad childish personal attack?
Sorry DFC if you read and attack into my response. I was merely pointing out your tendancy to maek up rules.

Who am I to believe in this instance, you who has a long history of making up rules and regulations to suit yourself or the CAA Staff Examiner auditing a multi engine Examiner course who gave official policy when asked this very question?

Bose,

If you sit in the aircraft and talk about the operation then the person whom you have spent the time with will have gained knowledge alone.

You can talk all day about the undercarriage system and it's back-up but until the system is used then noting other than knowledge has been obtained.

Quote:
JAR-FCL :

Differences training requires
additional knowledge and training on an
appropriate training device or the aeroplane.

Familiarisation training requires

the acquisition of additional knowledge.

It is thus clear that sitting in the aircraft having everything explained and discussed is familiarisation training.

Flying with the student and getting them to operate the aircraft and system(s) is differences training.

Remember that the differences training required when moving between MEP variants is not simply because of a different system (VP prop) or retractable undercarriage it is simply because the type is a different variant.

Thus going from a seneca to a seminole requires differences training - skill training - not because the aircraft systems are difference but because they are different aircraft.

Regards,

DFC
Your quote of JAR FCL does not state that a flight of any type is required, it is just a normal instance of you cutting and pasting partial paragraphs to support your argument.

You have stated your opinion and nothing more. The view of the CAA is that a training flight is not required but may be neccessary depending on the scope of differences. You are quite right that sometimes merely briefing someone on the differences may not be enough. That is down to the CRI/FI doing the differences training to decide.

Quoting excerpts that relate to SEP differences training to support a discussion on MEP differences is nothing less than I would expect from you.

You are an old adversary at this game and to date you have never provided proof to support your arguments just distortion of facts that when they eventually come out in the wash are proven wrong.

If you choose to override the CAA guidance then that is your choice and I pity those who come to you and are fleeced into non required flying time as a result.