PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA next after Barclays and Morrisons?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 16:51
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Eye : pleased to meet you too!

Thanks for the valuable vote on the most ignorant thing ever said on pprune. I shall donate the money to a charity for ignorant pilots.

This was discussed a few years ago and some of the NAPs people were extremely defensive of their pensions. Nothing wrong with that.

Some of the more aggressive posters held the view that they would not budge an inch and would go on strike even if it meant the company folded. Now that is a little extreme.

To a greater or lesser extent we are all motivated by self-interest.

So I can understand a 20 year BA Captain not being too concerned about the retirement plans of a 23 year old First Officer. Just as the First Officer is not going to go on strike for the former and more than likely attempt to break any strike action to secure his future.

Divided and ruled.

By the way I passed BA selection after 16 years in the military just before Sep 11. Doh! Still regard them as arguably the best airline in the UK but have elected to loaf about in the tax-free sun for the foreseeable future and be home every night with a glass of wine (Location, location, location). A colleague of mine was a month ahead of me in the recruitment pipeline and had signed his contract, which, to their credit, BA honoured. I wouldn't swap with him now, which just goes to show life is what actually happens to you while you are busy making plans.