PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 10:51
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you show us your camera mounting gear?
Oh dear!

DSJ, if I show it to you I can not accept responsibility for your safety. Its a highly sophisticated gyrostabilised camera mount that I souvenired from the military!

Dr

PS: Well actually, its a velcro-anchored, electrician's tape stabilised something that I knocked up enroute to Rutland Plains (Yes, Two Dogs - you were correct!), cause it occurred to me that I might just end up as croc poo if I tried to take pics while flying that approach. I took it with a Sony Cybershot digital camera set on high quality video. Managed to find some velcro dots in the side pocket of the aeroplane and velcroed the bottom of the camera to the top of the dash. Then I used two pieces of electrician's insulation tape to brace the camera fore and aft so that it was aimed in the right spot. I then just started the camera and flew the run up the strip and from the base turn to touch down.

It worked well, but you can see that it was a bit unsteady because the strip is NOT as rough as it looks after I touched down - the camera just wobbled around on my makeshift mount.

Last edited by ForkTailedDrKiller; 7th Jun 2009 at 11:18.