PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 09:26
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
Tigwas - I was being deliberately optimistic in my figures so that no one could claim I was making mountains out of molehills but all your points are eminently valid and, to my mind at least, half the mil crews should be written out of the manning equation just to allow for the Falklands roster.

There are some plans to put some military posts (possibly standards and trg) outside the 66 pers fence but I can't see Mod wearing that somehow since manning are notably reluctant to create pics for jobs and there will have to be lots of staffwork to justify extra posts outwith the contract.

In theory it is the civilians presently on the CG contract who will see the most change since they will be required to do night overland (using NVG) SAR and complete training levels similar to the present military crews in all disciplines.

I am still at a loss to see how mixed flights will work with differing terms and conditions of employment, leave, allowances etc whilst trying to maintain a military ethos with those still serving. It still seems a better answer to blob up all the mil guys in one place and run the FI from that.

Last edited by [email protected]; 7th Jun 2009 at 09:43.