PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 7th Jun 2009, 08:42
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AFCO routines.

Just a thought for you wanabees.

Remember that your results come through in the summer holidays. Then there is a rush on the AFCOs; you have to form an orderly queue.

AFCO are people too. They have children and they too expect to go on holiday in the summer. It follows that many will be short staffed as you queue at the door.

The sooner you start the better both you and they will be able to manage the process.

Many ask on time scales. They vary but one I know was graduation in July, an initial approach by the RN in October. First AFCO that week. RAF AFCO 4 weeks later. AIB in April and OASC 3 weeks later. Acceptance within 2-3 weeks in each case. Start OASC in September.

A very simple, straight forward process, but over 12 months from graduation and almost 12 months to start training. So, for all you wanabee pilots, you need to start a good 12 months before that age cut-off.