PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 7th Jun 2009, 04:29
excru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot instinct

There is an instinct within all of us who fly (or did so) on a daily basis. Although AP’s have sort of gotten “in the way”, it’s still there. As a former instructor (not just light aircraft, but in part 121 operations, upgrading FO’s to their first type rating/ATP) I have seen a few things. None of these things I saw have ever included a pilot pitching up to get out of a stall.. Also, there were 2 pilots. Within these 6 long seconds described earlier, neither pilot corrected (or said anything to correct) the other whoever was flying... My simple conclusion is that they both were acting as they thought appropriate for whatever circumstance they encountered. Maybe in response to something we will never know about. And I am sorry, but the NTSB is not all-knowing either. The FDR, CVR and NTSB put together still may never lead to reaching the right conclusion and in the end, compromises are made that satisfy everyone at the balance of future safety.