PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luanda Living
Thread: Luanda Living
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 19:32
TWOTBAGS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did two years on rotation out of Lunada from the end of the war……

Lets just say that although the prices mentioned here were not as high back then it was , is and will probably always be a cling-on near the arsch der erde…….

If you wanted to live the life it was expensive…. Miami, Club Naval, The Vietnamese and Chinese, even Rialto and mostly Bahia! You could drop a hundred and almost not notice.

However if you wanted do go local, you could drink Cuca or Super Bock at the Stinky Bar and eat some rat off the side of the road……. It wouldn’t kill you (leave that to Pub Royale) but it was cheap!

Strokes for folks, personally, I would never entertain the thought of taking the family there but for me we worked hard, partied hard, avoided the Ninjas and paybacks, made some life long friends through shared hardship.

Basically if you are punching the clock for someone else, take the money do the rotation and have some fun……….. if you want to move there, with the family, thinking you are going to pick something up………

FORGET IT

The only thing you will pick up is something a doctor cant get rid of and the tab on your now ex-wife’s new house and attorney fees!