PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian Overflights by RAF Crews during the "Cold War"
Old 6th Jun 2009, 18:06
VIProds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None that I know of Tonytech2. What with Filingdales in Yorkshire, Greenland & the"Dew Line" we had them tagged well before they got near & would send up a welcoming party.

The only time that I know of is when the USAF & the RAF had joint execises. We sent three Vulcans over the North pole & three other Vulcans approached down the East Coast of the States. They all had Electronic Counter Measures activated & were undetected much to the consternation of the Chiefs of Staff !

Give our American Cousins their due, once they realised that they had a problem, they threw everything at it until it was fixed. We probably shared our thechnology, as we did when we invented Radar & sent over a "magnetron" for the US to develop & when we invented & developed the first Jet engine, which we also shipped over.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't & isn't all one way. We have been privy to many US inventions & developments. Just take Pollaris & Trident to name but a few.