PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish A310 incident
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 17:01
MaxthePax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain of the TK1123 demoted

According to Turkish media, Captain of the TK1123 has been demoted and no longer a captain and FO has been denied a promotion for a year after THY Flight Comittee's decision.

Yolunu şaşıran pilotlara ceza

According to media and unions official's claim, experienced crew and personnel being forced to early retirement so the positions could be filled with supporters of ruling party, there have been few examples published in the media.

I have been a happy passenger of THY for a longtime, because mostly not only they serve my favourite wine, but it used to be served with a smile.Incidents reported that some crew refused to serve beverages contained alcohol. And lack of dedication of recent crew somehow supports what was claimed, yes I can get my favourite wine still but less the smile.

Majority of pilots of airliner come from military background with excellent training and discipline, resulting in being "overconfident pilots" , explained transportation minister and a training programme with Lufthansa launched to over come such issues.