PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG or Africa?
Thread: PNG or Africa?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 16:45
zakpeegoodus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay AT HOME !!!!

God only knows why low time pilots think that they only have to swap countries and they will be in demand…

The cold, hard simple facts are, you are far more likely to get your first flying job in your own county than elsewhere.

I have worked in many countries – Australia, to Asia to the Americas, to Africa and this comes up time and time again…Its damn hard to get a job flying in your own country, and it is harder to get one in another country where you don’t have a license, a work visa, a local language, and you are competing against local pilots who are themselves desperate to get work, and you have minimal time and no commercial avaition experience...Are really so attractive to a forigen company?

If you dont have a work visa, a contract, and a return ticket bought for you by the company you want to work for, then they are not serious about employing you, and the chances are you will waste your time and money going over to knock on their door...By all means go if you can afford that, but dont think your chances will be any better than knocking on doors in your own county...In reality, they will be less.

I drove around australia twice, knocking on doors, talking to people, until I got a job...I dont know why more people dont do that rather than trot off overseas thinking they will be indemand.

Stay at home, get some hours, then go overseas if you want to.