PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for Lion Air
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 16:40
pmmartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello PK-KAR,

Thanks for your informative post.

Interesting about the shortage of 737 pilots. Do you think that even in this market their demand for pilots is growing? I wonder if they have simply run out of Indonesian pilots to hire?

I know that the 737's are new. I would expect them to be in pretty good shape. The MD's are on the way out and getting old, can't say that I'd really want to go and fly them.

I don't mind flying a lot, but no one wants to fly forced overtime, or when you are tired, sick, etc. Still, I used to work for a USA cargo operator that would dock your pay if you called in sick. We used to call it the "get sick on your own time" policy.

Thanks for the information about in Jakarta. If I end up there in a month or two, I'll send you a message and see if you have anything open as far as rentals. Does having a car there help?

Any hints on flying in Asia? My guess is that the biggest challenge is TRW's. All of my time has been in North and Central America. As far as ATC priority, I guess that the companies and ATC have to sort it out if there are some issues.

Regards