PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Log Book Forgery
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 14:42
coconut99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An instructor buddy of mine told me a few years ago the story of a fresh young student pilot who brought in his logbook to be signed off by his instructor at this particular flying school he was at. The instructor opened it up to discover it was already half full with hundreds of flights on all sorts of aircraft ranging from his real training flights to long haul in B747 and Airbus aircraft. Turns out he had also been logging all his microsoft flight simulator time. Wonder if he had the space shuttle in there too.

I met this big headed jerk about 2 years ago who had about 40 actual hours and hadn't yet (probably still) been released for his first solo (which I later found out). He had friends who were low time pilots who would take him up in their piston twin flights. Anyway, I was at a function (non aviation related) and this guy was bragging to a few of us about all the 'Duchess, Seneca, Partinavia etc' co pilot time he has logged and told us he was currently working as a 'Co pilot' on these multi engine aircraft flying all over the country. Not knowing any better, a few of the ladies he was trying to gloat to seemed quite impressed about it. He almost fell out of his chair redfaced when I told him I was a pilot flying jets for a major airline. Turns out he was actually logging this 'co pilot' time and tried to defend himself to me about it. What a fg muppet.