PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 14:24
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
JP, I too would like to comment on the scenario that you paint. For that is all it is, a picture, a vision, a mirage even of what might have happened. It merely joins Walter's wacky radios, my doomed unairworthy aircraft, Messrs Wratten & Day's reckless and crazed pilots bent on Gross Negligence and no doubt half a dozen other theories. Why? Because there is no proof positive for any of them. If the MOD played by anything approaching the rules the finding of Gross Negligence would never have been allowed let alone sustained. But they don't and as Brian points out, they daren't, for that would then invite focus on what could be the real culprit; themselves. That is a shameful position to adopt but one only too typical of a shameful and Grossly Negligent institution. Unfortunately the RAF has also been tainted with that shame in aiding and abetting the deceit by conducting an Accident Investigation that was a charade. So it too feels compelled to prolong this injustice to the memory of two of its junior officers. That is a shame brought down on a Service with a proud history of honourable duty done to this nation. I for one bitterly resent that stain on its character, let alone on Jon and Rick's. High time for it to do the right thing.
Let Right Be Done!