PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 11:55
Captain-Crunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACARS mystery codes

Swedish Steve said,
What makes you think that all three AD computors gave up?
In all the messages there is only one referring to the AD.
ADR Disagree. This infers that there is a fault with one AD output. How do you get to all three?

p.s. glad you said AD computors. Many posters here refer to ADIRU failures but it is only the AD part of the ADIRU that has failed, not the IRU part.
Today 10:51
Fair Question Steve,

I'm not basing it on the entry you mention the ADR Disagree WARNING. Because that ECAM warning only means "one or more" has a problem, right? It could be one, It could be three, we can't tell from this warning.

But unless I'm mistaken, that warning came one minute later from FAULT 34123406-IR2 1, EFCS1X, IR1, IR3,
As also an A&P, I agree with Greenspinner, that the Warnings are caused first by the Faults (FLR)

Photo snapshot credit: Machaca & Mods

Here are the codes given to us by techs on this thread:

2131 Cabin Pressure Controller
3410 Environmental Conditions
3411 Pitot-Static System
3412 Outside Air Temp
3422 Directional Gyro & Ind.
3443 Doppler

(JASC Standard Codes)

Captain,
At this stage describe all the messages would be little bit useless, as what we need is the fault message from CMS related to these Wrn. In fact we need the full Current flight Report rather that the current leg report provided here.
Nevertheless, as I got the A330 AFR TSM in front of me, I do try to understand ,as you, what’s occurs during this flight, and despite my 17 years of experience (as line engineer) on this type of machine (A340/A330), I’ve still have difficulties to sort it out.
However for your perusal
228334 – FMGC
341234 – ADIRU
279334 – EFCS
341115 – PROBE – PITOT
That’s all the data, which could be helpful with what we have right now
The WRn messages are only 4 digits exploitable and the sixth one are mainly 00

Cheers

Greenspinner said:
You're right Fargo, and I carried out trouble shooting starting from the fault message (and not the Wrng which are the result of the fault) and guess what.
341115 lost of all pitots probe (to make it short) not duplicable faulf on Gnd
341234 lost of all ADIRU'S, not duplicable on Gnd, and digging a little bit further, lost of ADIRU pwr (to make it short also),
and all these events occurs within 1 minute....

Quote:
Ahh,

thanks Fargoo.

So, "15" is the pitot probe. Does this mean the pitot probe signal is lost to the nav computers?

Next question: What number is AOA probe?
On the small Airbus we operate normally Probe anti-ice failure (be it probe element, probe heat computer or wiring between the two) would bring up a message in that Chapter. Could quite easily be a different case on the A330 though.

34-11-16 is Static ports.
34-11-17 is Air Data Modules.
34-11-18 is TAT sensor.
34-11-19 is AOA sensor.

To decode the messages and their possible causes you need someone with access to the A330 Troubleshooting Manual (TSM).

Hope this helps a bit.

Fargoo

Furthermore, JAUH is right, ISIS it's 3422, but this kind of error exist sometime in the CMS.
However, starting again from this fault messasge,ISIS (22FN-10FC) SPEED OR MACH FUNCTION, with the red flag on the ISIS (I assume) it's lead me again to check the Stby Pitot Probe failure (9DA1, 9DA2, 9DA3)!
As the first fault recorded its also Pitot probe (341115), I would suspect severe icing (this only engage myself)

2131 Cabin Pressure Controller
3410 Environmental Conditions
3411 Pitot-Static System
3412 Outside Air Temp
3422 Directional Gyro & Ind.
3443 Doppler

(JASC Standard Codes)

Last edited by jauh : Today at 04:32. Reason: added even more stuff

ADR 1 controls the speed tape and altitude display on the Captain's PFD.
ADR 2 controls the First Officer's side.
Stand-by ADR 3 (mostly fed from the same probes as ISIS) can control the Captain or First Officer's side, if required, with some hard switching.

In case of 'ADR Disagree' message, compare airspeed indications on all three displays (the last one being ISIS). If all are the same, the warning is due to an AOA discrepancy.
If one speed display is off by more than 16 kts, switch the corresponding ADR off and switch the PFD display over to ADR 3 (if required).
If all speed displays are off by more than 16 kts and reliable ADR cannot be identified, switch ADR 1 and 2 off and fly pitch and N1 setting as per the 'Unreliable Speed Indication' paper checklist.

Sorry, I was out off sight for a while, and I’ve got planes falling down here, but rather “smooth as Silk…”

Nevertheless, here after a breakdown of all the ATA messages related to the Current Leg Report provided.

34-22-25 - INDICATOR - ISIS (INTEGRATED STANDBY INSTRUMENT SYSTEM)

34-43-00 - TRAFFIC AND TERRAIN COLLISION AVOIDANCE SYSTEM
34-12-00 - AIR DATA/INERTIAL REFERENCE SYSTEM (ADIRS) ((ADIRU & CDU))
34-10-00 - AIR DATA/INERTIAL REFERENCE SYSTEM (ADIRS)
27-90-00 - ELECTRICAL FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM (EFCS)
22-83-34 - FMGEC (FLIGHT MANAGEMENT, GUIDANCE AND ENVELOPE COMPUTER)
22-62-00 - FLIGHT ENVELOPE COMPUTATION
22-30-00 – AUTOTHRUST
27-23-00 - RUDDER AND PEDAL TRAVEL LIMITING ACTUATION
27-93-00 - FLIGHT CONTROL PRIMARY COMPUTER (FCPC)
34-11-15 - PROBE – PITOT
27-93-34 - FCPC (FLIGHT CONTROL PRIMARY COMPUTER)
21-31-00 - PRESSURE CONTROL AND MONITORING
27-91-00 - OPERATIONAL CONFIGURATION (F/Ctl Altn law)

for Grebllaw, 341200106 it’s ADIRU and last 2 digits 06 mean phase 06 (Cruise)
Trusting this will be of some interest
Cheers
-
-
-

But I could be wrong Steve. And forgive me guys for not giving proper credit for your previous research and posts. I'm not that organized!

Note: All my posts are strictly my opinion only.

Last edited by Captain-Crunch; 6th Jun 2009 at 14:39. Reason: typo on the data line, photo credit, another typo...grrrrrr