PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 10:56
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling seats !

As we all know airlines are in the business of selling seats, this some are having a lot of trouble doing at the moment so the chances of getting a job are not great.

However the airlines have found a seat that sells at a premium price, it is the one at the front on the right by the window, young hopefuls are flocking to pay for "line trainning" and so just when they have got to make friends with the aircraft they are shipped of to the "holding pool" and another batch of young hopefuls repeat the process.

If I was running an airline I would think it was the next best thing to a national lottery win..................... people paying to work for me!

If all you young hopefuls looked past the glossy brochures and slick marketing of the integrated providers and went modular you would kill this revenue stream for the airlines stone dead and save yourselves IRO £15-20,000 into the bargain.

All this talk of selection and producing the product that the airlines want is so much bull, yes they want the brightest people on the course because if you complete the course they get the most money........... or to put it bluntly failures are not as profitable.

It's just a case of follow the money really!