PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA next after Barclays and Morrisons?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 08:32
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly I agree that BA will have to get rid of the pensions millstone around its corporate neck! Whilst I don't truly believe it has been mismanaged I do truly believe that the opportunistic 'end to boom and bust' Gordo Brown has a role in the collapse of all private pension schemes.

His taxation rape of private funds protected by the previous Government has funded his extravagant squandering of cash under Labours burgeoning Civil Service. The £100 Billion, yep, £100 Billion that he has used to prop up our ailing social state and Senior Civil Service golden parachutes, pensions and well covers.

So, once again, those of us who have contributed in good faith to ensure our retirements have been shafted by a Government that, hopefully, won't exist in a few weeks. That is along with the companies, Barclays, Morrisons and BA who have seen their subsequent per employee contributions sky rocket.

In this case I seriously think, although I also stand to be shafted, the company has little choice in the matter.