PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 04:59
forum newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents,

I have a very reliable friend on the inside and he mentioned that hr is dumbfounded why there are so many people who have turned down EK during this troubling time. The economy will pick up and if you are contracted for 3 years, you might miss the opportunity back home. Once you become an expat, you will always be an expat.

Especially with the upgrade times at 7+ plus years for newjoiners, it really does not make sense if you have a family. With the increase in educational costs for children, the increase hours (less time home), and the new DEWA fees...it would make sense if one just stayed put at your current airline. I worked out the numbers, and a new joiner will barely make ends meet if you have two or more children. With one child, you might be a able to put something aside. If you are single, with no responsibilities, then it will make sense to make the move. But i think with the diminishing lifestyle, the bias laws, no equal protection, it would make more sense to stay at home.

Remember that if your wife is not happy, then you will not be happy. Are you willing to take the chance?