PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Filling indian logbook...
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2009, 04:11
IndAir967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You DO NOT need an Indian logbook. it does not matter if the hours are in decimals or not. Just make sure everything is legit and get all the appropriate paperwork as mentioned in the flowchart. THAT IS IT!
Bang Onn.. and if ur CFI (Chief Flight Instructor) has got the patience to sign on every page in your log book, it wud be even better..
Also let me clarify this to you people hype a lot about FAA dual hours being PIC after getting ur faa pvt and striking off those hours once ur back in india..thats all BS..
Make sure u get ur paper work that is crystal clear and to the point which says
Total PIC Time (SOLO + As Flight Instructor(if u are one) )= >100 hrs in the last 5 years.
if u ve got those hours then the DGCA dont care..

Conversion was a cake walk for me.. becoz
1. I didnt listen to my buddies who did it but went through a lot of crap because they thought they were acting clever by submitting a new log bok and changing data which they thought was required by DGCA.

Guess What Happened at the DGCA office .. they were asked to submit their FAA log book also.. and now thats a mess.

2. I did not strike off even one entry on the log book (else be prepared to shed some money)
3. I COMPLETELY STUCK TO THE FLOW CHART ISSUED BY DGCA no compromise whatsoever.
4. Paper work backs it up.

And dont worry about 500.5 being 500:30 ..
Folks at that DGCA office convert atleast 5 FAA log books a week.
All they care and are looking for is to see that u are not falling short of their required hours by any chance.
Also as I said consult others but U take the final decision regarding what u want to do..
Happy Converting.