PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2009, 23:20
Mad (Flt) Scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJ2
MS;

I think it is very important to disagree with any and all presented information until we know it is from the primary source and the primary documents, (the Airbus 330 TSM, MMEL, etc) or has been established as irrefutable. The ACARS documents are good but we dont' have the originals.

I think it is wise to reserve judgement on an "expert's" interpretation and prefer a "college of experts" such as reside here, all disagreeing until "what is" is no longer disputable. I think because of the circumstances, any evidence must meet particularly high standards and theories/conclusions wholly avoided. Hind-sight bias is still an operating factor.
Concur, but in addition to hind-sght bias the thread inevitably suffers from recentism, especially when a recent post appears to be more readily understood than an earlier, or when the earlier information is distributed over several pages.

This may indeed be a case where the forum format is weak - in that good information gets ignored by even the most well-meaning poster, who reads (or remembers) inevitably the more recent data preferentially. A wiki-type format - where the information is more of a living document - would have strengths in a case like this (after all, the "real" investigators use report drafts, not emails back and forth, to arrive at a final agree and reviewed version...)

One question I have - there has been some discussion of the A330 (specifically) and other Airbus (due to the all-operators telex AB sent out) unreliable airspeed procedures. Does anyone have access to a public domain source for these (obviously the A330 is the ideal case there). I will confess to an ulterior motive, not entirely related to this thread, but I think such items would be of value here as well.