PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most protracted PPL ever?........
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2009, 22:33
kevmusic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I deleted yesterday's indulgent, self-pitying post , which didn't stand up to the cold light of day. The fact remains that I do have an RT problem, wherein I simply can't understand what other parties are saying. A spin-off of this is that while I'm using all my concentration with ATC, aviating and navigating go out of the window. I know most studes suffer from this but in my case it's so bad Bruce is out of ideas for me. My hearing accuity is pretty good, so it's not that. I think it's a phone thing. I can't understand foreign callers or people who speak quickly. Among the worst offenders in that respect are my own kids, bless 'em. If they call I always hand them over to their Mother. When I see them face-to-face there's obviously no problem but over the phone their rapid delivery has me catching about one word in ten. Mrs. Km deals with them - it works to their advantage anyway. They only call when they're short of money and the missus is a soft touch.

I'm going to buy an airband receiver and start listening in. Meanwhile the saga continues. I just have to tweak all this up and then go for the Skills Test. Oh yes, and pass the RT written exam............