PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2009, 22:32
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mad_Scientist;
As of time off posting (which is after EOB in Europe today of course) NO EASA ADs issued in the last several days regarding A330.
Correct. I think somebody didn't read very carefully the 2002 AD on pitot probes posted here a few pages ago and the story now has a life of it's own which is completely unfounded. There are no mass pitot tube changes about to take place on the 330. Nobody knows anything that detailed yet so on what basis would such an AD be issued? It is Air France that is replacing pitot tubes and they say the note is "to their pilots" so it isn't an AD or even an AB. That said, I wonder if it's related to the 2002 AD?...

aquadalte;
Notwithstanding greenspinner's excellent work, the list of ACARS messages you've quoted from the AvHerald differs in the details from the ones posted and examined here:

02:10Z:
Autothrust off
Autopilot off
FBW alternate law
Rudder Travel Limiter Fault
TCAS fault due to antenna fault - do we know this is an antenna fault by the ATA #? If not, how is the comment "due to antenna fault" established?
Flight Envelope Computation warning
All pitot static ports lost - again, do we know that "all" sensors were lost from the ATA code? Also, what are "pitot static ports"? - the term refers to two separate systems - the pitot system and the static system - "ports" usually refers to the static system but not to the pitot system.
02:11Z:
Failure of all three ADIRUs - is this confirmed by the ATA code beyond greenspinner's research, (see earlier post)?
Failure of gyros of ISIS (attitude information lost) - again, is this specified in the ATA code?
02:12Z:
ADIRUs Air Data disagree
02:13Z:
Flight Management, Guidance and Envelope Computer fault
PRIM 1 fault
SEC 1 fault
02:14Z:
Cabin Pressure Controller fault (cabin vertical speed) - the ACARS message reads, WRN . . . . "2131000206ADVISORY" only - though it is a warning, does the ATA code specify the "cabin pressure controller fault" and "cabin vertical speed"? messages?

I would like to know if this is the media at work again quoting posts here, (even given the credibility of the specific source), or if there is more information that has been derived from the ATA codes presented earlier in the thread such as greenspinner's. Obviously something serious occurred but I wouldn't want to conclude that, based upon just the original messages and these above, the sources of which I have either missed or have been "supplied", the aircraft as a flying brick until more was known.

Thanks kindly, - PJ2

Last edited by PJ2; 6th Jun 2009 at 00:01.