PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC: Air Medics
Thread: BBC: Air Medics
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2009, 17:06
capt tosspot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Medics starts 19 Jun

Hi folks, I've just heard that the BBC series 'Air Medics' runs with 7 x 30 min episodes from 19 Jun to 31st July. On Beeb 1 at 7.30, so its a nice spot for helicopters and air ambulance work. It follows various events from all 3 of the Great North Machines. The old Bolkow in Northumbria, 902 at Durham Tees Valley and Dauphin at Penrith, Cumbria. Bits I've seen are great air to air and scenery thanks to Castle Air. I always think Dauph. looks slick when tanking along.

Here is some of the BBC blurb:
FILMING the SERIES
Filming Air Medics took over four months, with embedded camera directors living and breathing every gritty moment as medical teams rushed to major accidents. With the use of multiple mini-cams, combined with air-to-air filming recorded on a state-of-the-art Cineflex High Definition camera rig, (the same used in BBC’s ‘MOUNTAIN’ and ‘COAST’), this high-octane series is a wonderful mixture of stunning landscapes and raw action.

Through eight thematic half-hour films, viewers will experience first hand the nail-biting missions taken on by the Teesside, Carlisle and Northumberland helicopters. Safeguarding some of the most wild and beautiful areas of the UK, the crews are on call seven days a week, 365 days a year. Ready to react at moment’s notice, their patients can be any of the 3.5 million locals or thousands of tourists who flock to the region’s picturesque yet sometimes lethal landscapes.

Its a slightly different slant to the London HEMS episodes as they tend to get a lot more trauma than the more rural north. Should be good to watch.