PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS £45m Cost Savings - Suggestion Box
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2009, 15:57
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to Prom's comments.

The comments are wholly right.

I am very cynical, militant and would strike at the drop of a hat. I have always voted no when the union recommends a yes vote and it's got me nowhere.

But we never learn. We shift more traffic each year DESPITE management.

We have let management shaft us, the powder that was dry never exploded over the pension and Prom is right. I am far from a management bod but these ruthless and bullish current set are walking all over us, so you have to say looking inwards that they are doing their jobs well as the traffic is still being shifted but us atco's are no longer smiling. What do they care?

2-3% is bollocks and they can stick their reworking of terms and conditions as well. It comes down to us sticking together and not doing anything extra apart from plug in and more importantly take our responsibility free breaks etc, not fit in a quick LCE check etc, nor attending meetings etc nor doing AAVA's proving you don't really need/want your leave etc. Our union can't be seen to be stirring up dissent so it's down to the individual.

This is certainly not the NATS that I signed up to and in some ways roll on the break up of NSL which could be the kick up the arse I and others needed to leave this over managed/administrative heavy company anyway.