Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2009, 01:41
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the time being, we only have a few factual informations :
- The flight was at FL 350
- Just after 0200z, the captain informs base that he's experiencing some serious turbulence (we don't know the exact terms)
- A weather study confirms some active convection and flight 447 is in the middle of a "bad" zone.
- A summary of the maintenance messages has been released.

Now, these messages (and I stress that they're only the "title" of the actual message ) can be expanded as they could give us , if not the detailed fault, the faulty component, and for that we have to use the ATA list of chapters appearing on the left of the title :For instance, 2283....FLAG on CAPT PFD points toward a warning linked with ATA 22, i.e AUTO FLIGHT. and the ...213100206 ADVISORY message on top of the last picture provided by Machaca relates to ATA 21 Air Conditioning and pressurization, item 31 : Pressurization control... 00206 should be the exact value of the code.
That is very probably the origin of the CAB Vertical Speed that some papers have reported.

As you see, quite a lot of information could be derived from thse sheets.
Problem is, as a pilot I don't have access to the maintenance manuals and the complete ATA listings.
Furthermore, it could be interesting to go back to each item and plot its power source from the electrical chapter and see whether there is one Bus that could be identified...
With the sort of FCOM we have been provided, it's going to be rather long.