PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Jun 2009, 00:46
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst you might think that you're heading for a great new job in a different part of the world... think twice; in fact, think thrice!

Great recruitment adverts, and, in fact, having travelled with QR... great service, but... if you're a budding employee... take my advice and go elsewhere!

I'm not having a 'dig' at expats... they do a great job; it's the locals that you have to considder!

Management expertise... think again!

Lifestyle... if you want to end up gridlocked whilst travelling a couple of miles out to supper in the evening; plan on a couple of hours each way! Sometimes you can't even exit the car park!

You're gonna be living adjacent to a Mosque... every street corner has one; morning prayers go out on loudspeakers at 4.00am! Make sure your A/C is blowing MAX... it will drown-out the prayer call! Not dissimilar to having a vacuum cleaner running all night next to your bed! But hey... you'll get used to it!

Someone will eventually scrape the paintwork of your car; either within your compound or in a car park; the culprit will dissapear, leaving you with having to explain to the police as to why your car failed the equivalent to the MOT!

Unless your partner can find some sort of a job... she'll get bored; especially without a second car to go shopping! If you're single; make sure you have a gang of good mates... you'll need them!

Patience... you must have tons, acres, hectares, square miles/kilometers; for otherwise you'll tear your hair out!

Learn to drive like an Arab! Don't do 'road rage'... you'll definately lose!

If you like grass and trees... don't go there!

Or... like me... resign; quit; give in; lose the plot... it's much easier!

TCF