PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Financial help, including HSBC loans (Merged)
Old 17th May 2002, 15:52
Just another student

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Financial help for trainee Pilot's

This has probably been discussed a million and one times, however I am new to pprune so please bare with me. I am studying for my A.T.P.L. (distance learning) at the minute and I am basically struggling to find money for licence issues and things like that. I have found that I am unable to study and be employed at the same time (mainly due to employers wanting more and more hours!)plus the fact is I want to do well in these exams so I try to study as much as possible. Is there any money avaliable in the form of grants etc out there that I could apply for? I am talking about minimal ammounts (a few hundred would be nice) just to help me out for the moment. If I was training to be a doctor or surgeon then I am pretty sure funding would be pretty easy to come by (so to speak) however as soon as the words Airline and Pilot are mentioned, people say "Sorry no can do!" I know that many people are in my situation and it annoys me that so many turn their backs on trainee pilots's as the natural assumption is, "they must have a rich mum or dad!"

Are there any grants out there that people know of?

Thanks for your time