PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Upper Class
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2009, 00:14
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm now a retired B747 flight engineer, but having travelled either as a company passenger, or a full fair paying passenger, if there is one thing that I wholly detest about flying it's the full-on blah blah blah over the PA. Some cabin crew, or indeed some flight crew, appear to believe that they are the next 'Airline Crew Have Got Talent' and are God's gift to airborne DJs!

If I'm a company passenger... well, I have to accept it. However, as a fair paying pasenger... grrrrrrrrr; it gets on my t**s!

If turbulence is expected up ahead on the route the pilots quite rightly put the seatbelt signs ON; possibly followed by an explanation as to why they have done so. But then, we have to hear it all over again from the cabin crew! All of this despite the PA announcement from when the seatbelt signs have gone OFF... "Please, when not moving around the cabin, keep your seatbelt loosely fastened in order that the cabin crew don't have to disturb you if and when the signs have to be switched ON again." It would appear that it's mandatory for all of the 'Muppet passengers' to unbuckle their seatbelts just because the signs have gone OFF! Why? The reason is quite simple... 'Muppet passengers', who seem to think that there is a distinct difference between an aeroplane and a car! Why would you remove your seatbelt in a car? Same deal in an aeroplane... the ride sometimes gets rough!

I'm sooooo pleased that I'm now retired, because I no longer have to be polite to those passengers who don't have an ounce of understanding. Nor do I have any patience for those 'frequent flyers' who totally ignore cabin safety briefings; they like to give everyone else the impression that they 'know everything'; cos they're frequent flyers; the Telegraph Crossword is more important! So, because of the 'crassness' of these 'know-all' people, the crew have to go to the extremes of repeating every single instruction... so, I guess I'm venting my spleen not at the airline crew, but at YOU... the so-called 'veteran traveller'.

Except for the odd occasion, I choose not to fly... why? Well, if it's a Bank Holiday weekend I'd rather stay at home than queue for hours at an airport check-in. Shell Suits and smelly trainers... no thank you! Actually, I'd like to watch the Shell Suit wearer throw him/herself down the escape chute... ouch! That lovely nylon fabric melting against the buttox due to the friction of the escape slide; despite a successful emergency egress... off to hospital with severe burns to the arse!

Frequent flyers huh?

TCF