PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS £45m Cost Savings - Suggestion Box
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 23:18
Spamcan defender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You think you're short staffed one day? Split positions as much as you can. Ask for MDIs to be applied as soon as there's bad weather or bunching.

You think the ops room is short staffed? Say no to overtime.

Emergency or level bust? Ask for a break afterwards.

Dual Valid? Stick to one sector per day don't move back and forward to help out a shortfall.

Lots of airborne holding? Don't tighten the spacing on approach.

Problems with new procedures, equipement or practices? MOR them so the CAA are aware.

Only getting minimal breaks? Make sure you get 30 minutes responsibility free (that means don't take a bleep).

Start your break when you leave the ops room not when the incoming controller writes the time on the sheet.

No staff to relieve you? close the sector, DO NOT work beyond your shift end time.

In short, just say NO
While I agree in principle with all of the above (apart from the no OT issue which will NEVER work unilaterally) I think the problem lies in the fact that if you DID do such things its not management but your peers that think your a lazy, whingeing, subversive douchebag. What I'm saying is that the folks that you THINK your affecting i.e management will probably never hear of the goings on and the upshot is that all your watch colleagues think your a w****er for effectively working to rule. In an ideal world every watch would have the ""one for all, all for one" attitude but in practice that rarely happens.

Spamcan