PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 18:23
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chugalug 2

How silly of me, I never realised that their Lordships conducting the Inquiry were skilled Aviators; in fact I was quite surprised at the time that they did not include any of their Lordships who had an Aviation Background. One, I seem to remember, made a very telling speech in the House of Lords regarding their Lordships findings. Of course, that particular Lord had a long and distinguished background of both Military and Civil Helicopter operations and thus was unlikely to suit their purpose.

So, just set me straight. What exactly was the fault that caused the crash; and what exactly was the Mod that cured the fault? I assume that there must have been a Mod as there has been no repeat of such a tragedy.

PS Regarding Crew Duty Time:- if they had got to their destination they still had to off load the Pax and luggage; transit to Kinloss to refuel and then return to Aldergrove. In my experience refuelling at Kinloss outside normal working hours could involve a very lengthy wait for the Bowser (2hrs +). The alternative was to request permission to nightstop away from base; something that could only be approved by SRAFONI.

PPS. I, like the majority of Their Lordships House, do not support the findings of the HOL Committee.