PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a Pilot
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 14:26
Muser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Becoming a Pilot

Sorry if this is in the wrong area of the forum, I'm new so please be easy on me!
I'm sure you have to wade through this kind of question day in day out so please bare with me as I'm struggling to find a guide as to the steps I need to take on my way to becoming a pilot that is coherent and not outdated.

I'm a 16 year old situated in the US who has dreamt of being a pilot his whole life. Since I was a little kid I'd always play the microsoft flight simulators and order any magazines that had to do with aviation. I'm becoming more and more certain that this is the career i would like to pursue.

What I'm here to ask is; from now what are the steps I should be taking to set myself on the way to becoming a pilot. I was considering perhaps the best way would be to go to an aviational university (such as Embry-Riddle in the US).

I have read numerous guides but I am struggling to find a clear-explanation, one that I could explain to my parents properly. Should I be looking to take flight lessons from now? Should I wait for an aviational university? Should I be reading any material or textbooks to prepare myself?

Sorry for being a bother but having these questions answered would be extremely helpful for me. Thanks in advance