PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 11:41
free_hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RTJones,

As cmvidini asked, can you please state your source? I have no doubt that you talk the truth, its just that on this subject I think it is important to separate hearsay from fact. Im sure your post is the latter.

If Cadet pilots are not going to be placed at JR then this is an important point as if the EZY contract is not renewed in 2010 (if ezy start pay to fly or CTC felxicrew becomes the norm for EZY than that might be a possibility) and JR is ATP only, then the placement opportunities for wings pilots are low. Now we just need to confirm the facts to say that the above is true.

The thread was beginning to take on a good factual line there! When it does, its useful! Unfortunately there are a lot of overly negative non CTC posters, and overly positive Cadets!

On a separate line, can someone clear something up for me? If a wings pilot is taken on and then not placed, is this worse or better for CTC than not taking the pilot in the first place? ie. up to point of placement, do CTC fork out more than the bond value (69k), and assuming that they will be able to place the cadet which would result in the placement airline paying CTC the delta between the bond and what CTC paid for training?

I ask the question because if the placement opportunities take a vast dip, is it in CTCs interests to reduce cadet intake?