PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Is the worst of the Global Financial Crisis behind us?
Old 4th Jun 2009, 08:47
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kev and Wayne are between a rock and a hard place - as the men running the country, (even if they didn't have a substantial personal/political investment in 'talking up' the economy at every opportunity), they can't, in their position, come up with a statement saying this is a false recovery for fear their comment would make it a self-fulfilling prophesy.

My financial advisor (the same one who lost me a bucket load of money in the last twelve months, but let's not dwell on that - despite all the signs, I was the one who elected not to go into 100% cash when I could have said to do so), told me back in January that she and her colleagues were expecting a recovery of sorts by mid year, but they were planning upon it proving to be unsustainable. I hope she's wrong, but fear she will be proven to be right in her predictions. I think we're in for at least another one to two years of very hard times.

For everybody's sake, including my own, I hope I'm wrong.