PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance flight?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 07:38
Skysurfer66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintenance flight?

Hi folks,

I’m after a little advice please, being new to the UK... Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, reading through below seems you folks in this forum tend to deal with clever things, like Airbus' etc , but not sure where else would be more appropriate.

I have just bought an aircraft in the UK, on the N register. It has only just been put onto the N register, so is still painted with its G registration. First question... can it be flown still sporting it’s G reg temporarily, as per below?

Next question.. the airplane, PA23-160, is out of Annual, needs re-spraying, and needs it’s prop’s rebuilt (reached 5 yr TBO). It is currently located at an airfield which has no maintenance facilities, so I’d like to ferry it over to an airport that does. Do I need to contact the FAA or CAA to arrange a temp permit to fly the airplane to an airport where the maintenance can be carried out? Does anyone know what is involved in this process?

Therefore, I have a plane out of annual, with TBO’d props, sporting the wrong registration, and sitting at an airfield where I can’t do anything about it. Any suggestions?

Apologies, I am both new to aircraft ownership and to the UK, so I have compounded my problems! Not sure where to go to get this kind of advice...

Many thanks, and all the best,
Matt