PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I think I cheesed off Gloucester tower yesterday for going around
Old 4th Jun 2009, 06:10
worrab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I know if/when I commit to the PPL that if I ever get to a point where I am not 99.9% confident in a situation I will err on the side of caution and react accordingly - now I can understand that will peeve some if not all the more experienced but I would like to believe that the processes and procedures in place can cope with my inexperience."

Look carefully through the thread - no-one has said that the pilot did the wrong thing by going round... not even a hint. If you're ever not happy with an approach, throw it away and try again - if needs be at a different aerodrome.

As this thread shows, it's sometimes a case of perception. You may perceive that you've upset someone by an action, when in fact your airmanship is recognised and approved of.

The point of training is to give you the skills to fly safely. A significant part of this is about good decision making and having the confidence to do what is right in the circumstances. You'll develop an awareness of what's going on around you and your part in it.

I can really commend flying to you. There simply is nothing else like it. There are few things in life that require so much involvement to do well. It's challenging, but ultimately fantastically rewarding.