PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330-200 missing
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 02:26
Space Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The speculation on ACARS seems founded on far too unreliable information.
L'Express and Le Figaro (see Les navires brésiliens s'approchent de la zone du vol AF 447 for example) are citing some anonymous source denying that there was any loss of pressurisation message. In other words, concerning these messages, given that different sources are giving opposite statements, we simply know nothing at all. I know that it is a rumor forum, but when the information available lets you with a 50% chance for one thing and 50% for the opposite, there's not much rumor you can build from that (sources citing a depressurization and sources citing no such messages seem equally reliable a priori (maybe all equally absolutely not reliable) given that they come from major newspapers)

I don't see why Air France should publicly release the detailled sequence of ACARS messages, it seems inappropriate to throw this information out now which belongs to a preliminary report from the BEA later (and given how Air France screwed it up by initially speculating about lightnings, it's no wonder that they are a little bit more careful now). I do not see why this should be interpreted as "hiding" something, it seems professional and responsible, doesn't it?