PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330-200 missing
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2009, 00:38
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost in Saigon;
The fact that the "advisory regarding cabin vertical speed" was the last message sent prior to impact tends to support my theory.
[removed comment]

I know that there are a number of reports "out there" concerning such messages but they are not "fact" until they are in-hand and available. If you have an actual source, perhaps it could be provided? As I posted earlier, any ACARS message will have a time stamp, a reference to the ATA System Chapter and a text message describing the failure(s).

I'm not disputing that they exist but am disputing, until we see these messages, their timing and content. I simply don't trust the media, Air France's press information or anyone else's information. There are too many guessers, speculators and interested parties to trust anything but original sources.

On a related matter upon which I earlier posted, hopefully too, the copies of the last logbook page were pulled before departure as is standard procedure, so we can learn what, if any, snags the aircraft had and either cleared or MEL'd before departure.

We have absolutely no other evidence upon which to base speculation so everything is possible and therefore nothing is privileged as probable.

The actual aircraft course and position has still yet to be determined. The Vazquez presentation itself states that the line shown is "extrapolation".

PJ2

Lost in Saigon - post edited to respond to your last message:
They are simply interpretations of the various news media trying to put it into layman's terms.
Precisely, and very poor layman's terms at that. The imprecision is entirely misleading and distracting and is of no use whatsoever.