PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEP class rating
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2009, 17:56
redbar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFD,

The document DFC and I refer to is the List of Class of Aeroplanes. In Amd 3 to JAR-FCL 1 this was Appx 1 to 1.215. However, the UK is now on Amd 5. Before this amendment, the list was moved (but not materially changed in basic principles) to the JIP/AGM (Joint Implementation Procedures/Administrative and Guidance Material). I assume it is also in your LASORS, but I don't have neither LASORS or the JIP here in my living room..

Quote from list, as in Amd 3: "(a) the symbol (D) in coloumn 3 indicates that differences training is required when moving between variants or other types.....

The "D" referred to by DFC is just this D in the table for MEP, coloumn 3.

Even within the same "type" there can be great variances depending on production year. Many of us who have been instructors and examiners for longer than we care to remember have seen some horrible examples of "self-checking" on other types

I do not really understand this apparent reluctancy to do a short stunt with an FI or CRI, and then be able to fly with greater confidence. Training never hurts, you know. And the more professional you get as a pilot, the more stringent are the training requirements, ref. line trng, opc trng, loft, etc etc.

I hope this satisfies the curiosity, and that everyone's happy.

Best regards, and happy flying,
redbar1

Last edited by redbar1; 3rd Jun 2009 at 18:56.