PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Low Fuel at LHR
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2002, 17:48
gengis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BackSeatPilot. .. ."Interesting, although it begs the question - What was the mgmt response to the outcome? (Was the the info from the manufacturer there as additional info or an excuse?)". .. .The report was contained in a routine newsletter to pilots in which they attempt to address matters of concern to line pilots. I personally do not believe that the company encourages this sort of thing. Who would? It is not my experience, so far, that one would face penalty for a legitimate diversion - I did one about 3 years ago with no repurcussions. As to whether the info from the manufacturer was included as an excuse or not, it is not my belief that it is. I will just say that the quote was reproduced precisely as it was published and while I am not privy to any additional information I do not get the feeling that it was written merely with an intent to justify the incident. Of course one is free to read into it what one would. Actually there was even a time not so long ago when there would hardly be any reference to an incident of their own; that they are now obviously addressing shortcomings somewhat more openly is something to be applauded.