PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPDLC and ADS question
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2009, 07:52
ttakne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ads/cpdlc

Howdy Wally,
Sorry I'm not an Oakland guy (actually I'm quite happy about that as our Gov Palin is a lot cuter than their Governator Arnold) but being an Anchorage Center oceanic controller maybe I can help. Anchorage, Oakland and New York Centers have within the last two years been operational with a new oceanic control platform called ATOP which is an adaptation of Airways New Zealand's Ocean-21 platform. Basic separation in oceanic airspace is 1000 ft vertical, 50 NM lateral or 10 minutes in trail (about 80 NM) for same speed or faster in front. With properly equipped ADS aircraft separation can be reduced to 50 NM in trail, same speed, provided that contract-timed ADS reports are received. Oakland and Anchorage both have domestic and oceanic nonradar airspace in which different separation standards apply. I'll talk to the Oakland guys on the landline tomorrow and ask your specific question and, since further info probably won't interest the casual PPRUNER, I'll try and PM you manana. At Nippi squawk 2000. Report Nippi to Tokyo HF. Gooday and have a nice flight, TT