PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Licencing vs Civilian Licencing
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2002, 04:47
Pitch and Break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arm out the window

Just had a military chap join me with a brand new civvy instructor rating and 1800 hours military instructional time and I have to disagree with you entirely; the guy could probably teach on the military type perfectly but in a bugsmasher; he was about on par with all the other 'brand new' instructors. Fortunately, the civvy world DOES NOT recognise military instructor ratings as such for a very good reason.

Centaurus

Your comments are far too general when you are really speaking obout a select few. The majority of civvy operators DO NOT discourage defect reporting at all but the operators do like to keep a tight reign on most things written up for very sound reasons. Just to mention one; we don't have the benefit of writing up a snag and having 10 engineers running out and towing the a/c away and replacing it with a shining new one in 10 minutes AT NO COST. If this other practice IS happening in your organisation, then I suggest you either leave or report it! If you know about it without reporting it, then you are as guilty as the operator who schonks on the maintenance in the first place.