PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keeping the Enthusiasm Going
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 20:22
batninth
Oh Shazbat!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airgirl,

You've seen some weather delay stories already as responses to your post & there are countless more. I understand the frustration, and it's better to be frustrated about not flying than getting wound up about having to go (which does happen to some people).

Don't panic about time to solo, instead I'd suggest you make the most of flying with your instructor in weather. You will get a lot of experience that way which will stand you in good stead when the time comes. The bad nes is that it isn't just the run up to going solo, it's afterwards as well. I did my first solo at the start of November & didn't get to solo again for four months after that.

Studying is one way to fill in the time, & it is time well spent but mix up with some fun stuff. I surfed flying videos on youtube, some are crazy but many are inspiring. Window shopping on afors.com helps you to understand the market & dream of flying your own, "If I had the money I'd buy a...".

Reading general flying books can help too, there are several threads on good books here and they can be borrowed, or look on the 2nd hand book sites for bargains.

Finally, I'd suggest that you publically commit to doing something flying related. When I joined my current company I said in the introductory piece in the department magazine that I was learning to fly. Having had that put in print kept me going as people knew about it and so I had to "keep my promise"

As it's been said below, it will come godd and you will get the flying time. Just keep at it