PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Story!
Thread: My Story!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 20:19
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You seem like a sensible guy who has a realistic view of the way things are. Your dilema is one we have all been in and it really is only for you to make the decision. Bealzebub has hity the nail on the head - I couldn't have put it better -though I do not have his experience.

How about military flying? It is definately worth consideration if you want to fly for a living.

Flying training is very expensive and I wouldn't recommend getting your parents to go guarantor for a loan. I really wouldn't mate.

Flying is amazing, it is the most fulfilling thing I have ever done, it never feels like work and every flight almost feels like an adventure to me. But the pay is starting to not justify the cost of training, the treatment you will endure by FTOs and airlines is unjustifiable and the way things are going is becoming a real worry. Job security, particularly at the moment, is a real luxury within the industry. I suppose it is in all though. But I think it will continue to be the case within this industry.

I'd give dentistry some real consideration too, then get yourself a ME PPL/IR and go and enjoy flying for the sheer thrill of it.

As I said above do also consider the military.

Good luck with it.