snaproll3480 Speeds For Am
-
AMF,

According to the QRH and based on a weight around 210t:
(speeds are approximate)

Green Dot (minimum clean speed): 245 kts

Turbulence penetration speed: 260 kts

Vls w/ 0.3g buffett margin: 235 kts

Speeds are all indicated so no ISA deviation necessary.
Thank you Snaproll.

So only 15kts IAS between Min Clean speed and Max Turb Air Penetration speed for that weight at appx 210tn, and 25kts between the same and Low Speed Buffet margin.

As we know exceeding the Max Turb speed during severe/extreme will wreak havoc on components at the least, and any aircraft is in danger of structural damage under those conditions. And we all know what can happen if the low-speed buffet margin is suddenly exceeded.

My ISA question is related to the performance/ability of the engines to accelerate an aircraft of that weight out of a turbulence-induced low-speed condition at that altitude.

Another Airbus 330-200 question related to the ACARS messages that the A/P had disengaged and reverted to Abnormal Law. I assume the Airbus has an automatic low-bank (or 1/2 bank) function or it's equivalent when the aircraft is at high altitude under even normal, smooth conditions that protects the aircraft from a wing-loading stall condition where the buffet margin is small.

My question is, on this type of Airbus does this bank protection still exist at high altitude during non-AP operation in Abornmal Law?