PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330-200 missing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 16:20
cockpitvisit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why can't we all just wait until something/somebody is found?
Every post is feeding the journo's and in turn they are getting facts wrong.
Curiosity is a part of human nature. There is nothing wrong in speculation. Yes, some posts are repeated over and over again and get boring, but most of readers can filter through it. If you don't like this thread, simply don't read it instead of telling other people what to do. Every regular visitor here knows that crash-related threads contain lots of useless posts.

There is no harm done in speculating here. It does not endanger any hypothetical survivors, it does not hinder the search and recovery efforts, it does not hinder the investigation in any way. If crash-related info and speculation starts getting censored and restricted to the members of the profession, aviation will appear scarier to the general public because they are hiding something. Less people will fly, airlines will make more losses and lots of professional members of this forum will lose jobs. We passengers are paying your wages - and despite often having no clue, we like to be informed.

I do not contribute to PPRuNe (the reason is I have nothing to contribute, being an SLF), but I enjoy reading it, including speculations - I am sure many others do either.