PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 15:56
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cut the geniuses up at Cork some slack? That is a big ask but I will think about it!

I was waiting above for She Who Must be Obeyed yesterday and in the warm afternoon sunshine it made for a pleasant hour or two. It had been a busy morning with a few outbound Lourdes flights in the shape of a Titan and an Air Finland 757 along with a Air Mediteranean A320. By the time I arrived the Titan was touching down again on her return from Lourdes and along with the more usual line traffic of EI, FR and RE there was the Iberworld A320 and the Europe Airpost 737 so the place was fairly lively.

From my newly found perch I had a grand view of the approach road to the departures car let down area and it was regularly congested and there were regular hoots of anger from other motorists' car horns. It gave me a laugh in the end. Has anyone noticed how many folk in cars there are waiting for either airport staff or arriving passengers on the off set traffic line, the one closest to the Christy Ring sculputre? Seems to me they are taking the p!55.

It is probably the case that the old Dublin Aer Rianta crowd are responsible for a lot of the design of the new terminal? Seems it was with little sympathy anyway for the sense of local spirit in Cork? A lot of people like me were either waiting for arriving passengers or waiting to board their own flights yesterday. They were not quaffing a pint or a cup of tea but perhaps some of them would have been happy enough to while away an hour at a viewing area?

It is a pity as it seems to me that there seems to be little sense of what aviation is all about in the D(C)AA - no sense of having any responsibility at all for the future generations of pilots, cabin crews, engineers & techicians etc and where they are all to come from? You got to enthuse all these upcoming young people, you know.

So who thinks I should cut the geniuses up at Cork some slack?

Last edited by Tom the Tenor; 2nd Jun 2009 at 16:09.