PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330-200 missing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 14:40
abc987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of amazing speculations including more and more contorted reasoning.

All I know is that the Safety folks will not have ruled out terrorism as quickly as the folks on this discussion group. We live in very turbulent times, so surely a bomb is a more credible cause than many of the arcane theories put forward here.
I respect your opinion, and will provide my reasons for not agreeing with you;
If this was terrorism, isn't the point of terrorism to cause fear of you for your cause... In the past when there has been a bombing there has (generally) been multiple terrorist groups claiming that they did it, this is because they want to be associated with the death of many people... No terrorist group has claimed responsibility for this as of yet, and the responsible one surely would want to be associated with their dirtywork. However, on the other side, it might not have been terrorism as such, there is a innumerable amount of possible people and causes for someone to put a bomb on that plane, or any plane. As simple as someone (somehow) doing it as a lone agent, as complex as anything (logical) you can imagine really...
However it is less likely that one of those happened in the opinion of many people here (including me) than the likelihood of a failure in the aircraft, human error, or weather...
The arcane concepts are just concepts that in some cases (not always though) make sense with the information that is available now, in all likelihood many (almost certainly including mine! ) will be proven wrong when more facts are found/revealed over time...
I thought my idea wasn't stupid, now I realise that I am a complete idiot for not realising that fuel and other bits might float without surface tension, and completely forgetting that it could have broken up in midair... But, what are you supposed to do about ideas you want to share, you shouldn't be scared that you will be ridiculed... The media if they are following this thread should know after what has been said over these pages on this topic that what is here is speculation, and it can be very well-informed speculation, or not, but no speculation *should* be reported by the media, if they still do it, it is them that is at fault, not the people who shared an idea, as nothing more than an idea....
I do not own this forum, and if whoever does own it disagrees with my views, then they can do whatever they want with what I have written.

And to something on the topic, does anyone know what is with the ELT?