PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France A330-200 missing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 10:36
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Straight away the FDR will tell you what G-loads were experienced and at what frequency. This will indicate to investigators the likelihood of turbulence as a major factor.
That is correct. However the angle I am coming from is whythe a/c was in this precarious situation in the first place. (And this is why I don't want to speculate).

But, you do not magically find yourself in the middle of a storm. And if you do, you would have worked out that your a/c would still be within limits. So I am looking at one of the the possibility that there may have been a prior weakness in the structure - whether this be an inherent weakness or something like a crack that has occurred during operations.

So yes, the FDR will tells us the conditions at the time, but if an important piece of fuselage/wing is not found, then we may never know what failed.

This is just one of the many things going through my mind. And I didn't really want to say this much as any speculation causes discussions and it may not even be right.