PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Utilities Cap
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 10:13
FFFrentit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make Yourself Heard

I've been here for about a year now and have been a victim of the empty promises made to me by EK before I joined, i.e housing (it took a year to get my permanent accomodation and it is way below the standard of what was shown!), productivity, the Utilities Allowance fiasco, Education Support Allowance falling behind, etc.

The fact is, none of the above was accurately described in my employment contract and as such I just have to take a "like or leave it" attitude regarding these factors.

"The Company will pay rent, tax, all relevant cooking gas, electricity and water charges", as quoted directly from my employment contract is written in black and white and has no limit attached to it, nor a reference to limits that may be hidden in some obscure document somewhere.

A CLEAR CUT BREACH OF CONTRACT BY EMIRATES!!

In the absence of a union, or any form of legal representation / protection for that matter, we have to stand up for ourselves as individuals. If enough individuals make a loud enough noise, surely somebody must take notice. They may not do anything about it, but at least you will know that you have been heard.

Send an email to Helena at HR, cc Ed and your Fleet Manager - make sure that they are aware of your position in this case.

Somebody recently said something to the effect of "if you're not prepared to make a stand, don't winge about it on the flight deck".

Make a stand - at least you'll keep a little of your dignity intact whilst our "managers" probably realise that they lost theirs a long time ago.

And, if you're an FO and worried about repercussions - get some blls - you'll have to face up to many more challenges as a Captain.

I'm an FO and I've sent my email. How about you?