PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The problem with this industry is ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 09:43
eagerbeaver1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BongleBear - again you fail to see beyond your own nose.

Jetlag/Fatigue - Jetlag to a lesser extent but lowcost flying is now recognised as the most the most exhausting. Since April I have done almost exclusively 5 earlies then 5 lates save a few days holiday and standby. I am a young man but I find myself extremely tired.

The roster is designed to keep Brookfield contractors who commute, if it goes to 5/3 or 5/2 as we were threatened most commuters would leave within the week.

Paddypower is a bookmaker - the bet they offer is a bit of crack as they say.

Pension - Stakeholder pension scheme - worthless and very low risk meaning absolutely no return on your money. most people I know who are in the scheme have less money in it than they have paid in.

Annual Leave - You got lucky with July, however as a copilot your basic salary will be no more than 2300 pounds net, so you are down a max of 2250 in sector pay for the month. (for Captain it is 3600 and 2450 in sector pay) You will receive 60 a day to compensate however you are still down.
You have no flexibility in choosing your annual leave, we are at the behest of the rostering department who have no rules and no respect.
Imagine you ended up with February off ?

Rabbit all you like about how bad Ryanair is not but you are wrong. You would a whole lot better if you signed the petition and joined the 500+ other Pilots who have also.

Try to observe the company as someone from the outside rather than a chap who seems to be getting his way at the moment.