PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A message to Lim Kim Hai
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 03:30
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to admit, Thorhatrex, that your first post was too cryptic for me, and gave me the impression that you were congratulating the cadets for standing up to management on a point of principle when the rest of Rex staff rolled over. (Obviously, like some other readers, my ironymeter was inop. at the time.)

Old Fart Pedant alert: You lose something, or something is loose, or you set something loose - but you don't loose something, (or, in 'oldspeak', that will mean nothing to any reader under the age of 55, 'lose' is a verb, or a 'doing word', while 'loose' is an adverb, or a 'descriptive word'). That extra 'o' is creeping into everyday use so often now it's almost becoming accepted. Almost.

Back to the thread: with all the Political Correctness that's being rammed down our throats by the 'medja' today and the utterly blameless behaviour demanded of anyone even remotely in the public eye , I wonder how many of us Old Farts in our youth would have survived the kind of scrutiny that cell phone cameras provide in recording any misbehaviour for all to see?